Monday, March 19, 2007

What I'm thinking of right now...

...is Howard Beale.

Yeah, I know the poor bastard in the movie Network, played by the late Peter Finch, was being manipulated by Faye Dunaway. But that doesn't seem like an awful fate to me; I'd fall for Faye's charms any time. I've fallen for women with far less going for them....

But I'm right there with Howard. Sadly, the days of the public rising up, as mad as hell, seem to be past.

I'm not sure why I brought this up. Maybe I have a Messiah complex.

No. I'm just feeling horribly out of place.

And I know Faye Dunaway (or her equivalent) has no interest in manipulating me.

The world is not kind to aging rebels.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm mad as hell too...
-but I'm probably just going to go to bed now... I'm tired.
I guess thats what aging rebels do.
And Faye Dunaway was/is a looker...
Do you remember her in "The Three Musketeers"? Hoo boy, she was hot... (well, and Raquel too, she wasnt bad...)
Anyway, your thoughts on all this made me smile. Thanks...
W.Meister

John0 Juanderlust said...

On a good day, or good moment, like now, I say screw the world. As an aging one myself---I think I qualify as rebel--I know the feeling.
I deleted an entry many hours ago in which I stated that I don't belong anywhere.
Now, I feel better and say, screw them all. Just get away from the young Fayes, and I'm sure there are rebel women wondering where the likes of you has been hiding.

Anonymous said...

I loved Faye in her younger years. She had her face manipulated a few too many times...
meow!

MrScribbler said...

anon (and I do know who you are ;)) -- My memories of Faye are of those days when she was a cat-eyed sweetheart with a spine of iron...and that's how I'll always remember her.