Saturday, March 17, 2007

Me, in one word:

Dull.

And I don't like it.

Even though I've been this way for just over a year, it's not the "real me." The "real me" is interesting, fun, and has several talents and attributes that have gone unused for far too long.

In fact, even my ability to string words together in a semi-comprehensible fashion, the one of my talents that anyone seems to give a happy damn about these days -- and not often enough -- has lost its edge.

I can hear you: "if that's the case, why don't you just stop being dull?"

Not that easy, buckaroos.

Without an audience, my act is no good.

I've had a couple of good "audiences" who dug my act. They're not around any more.

Maybe that means the act isn't good enough to put over anyway. I don't know. I can see where it needs some polishing, but don't really believe it was so awful they had to walk out on it.

Bah, humbug.

The cat is feeling better today, so I feel comfortable leaving him alone for a few hours. I'm going to go on a long drive*, I think.

Not that I expect to find a new audience out there. But if I'm going to be dull, might as well do it outdoors, in the fresh air.



* Don't worry, my carbon footprint for this run will be smaller than usual.

2 comments:

Doug said...

I don't mind at all leaving a carbon footprint. I just hate the cost of renting the carbon in the first place.

I'm going to stay here and take some pointless photos.

Anonymous said...

Your act is just fine Scribs. You just haven't found the right audience yet. Enjoy your drive.

Gill