Friday, March 16, 2007

Gray Friday Blues.

I'm feeling inarticulate today. For a writer, that's a Bad Thing.

The list of things that confuse me grows by the day, leaving damn little to hang on to in the way of solid beliefs. More and more, I wonder why the hell I even bother to try living up to any principles at all; doing so seems to make me a doormat, not respectable.

Much as I'd like to be optimistic and cheerful, it ain't working.

Maybe it was the dreams I had last night. One was so bizarre that I tried to go back to sleep to find out if there was any reason for what was going on.

Or maybe it's just that the old order changeth, and there is no place in this Brave New World for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams can really mess up your rest. I've had bad dreams all my life. I know what you mean about going back to sleep to see what is happening! Rest well, MrS. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

I like when I have sexy dreams, but most of the time I don't remember them. Okay, I guess that comment wasn't too relevant...

Gill

Anonymous said...

I am getting so I just ignore all of the things going on. It seems like it doesn't matter anyway. I am so far behind the times. I am never going to catch up. Just think I use to be so cool.
Roz

Anonymous said...

Time moves so incredibly slow when you're unhappy - and everything seems so frustrating and pointless. And even knowing that true happiness comes from within, and you're not supposed to expect someone else to make you happy - doesn't seem to help.
I'm really a downer today, lol.
But my point is, I hear you. I'm quite similar in that I require a good partnership to enjoy life, but I'm also worried about getting older - and where do I fit in?
If you find any answers, let me know.
And I hope your day has gotten somewhat better! *hugs*