Friday, March 30, 2007

Therapy session...

Talked to my friend M. on the phone today. We talked about business for maybe half an hour, with good results. She has a skill I lack and is willing to apply some of it to getting more of my work sold. Gotta love someone like that.

And I was able to give her some advice about a situation she's in, so it wasn't all one way.

Sometimes, it's just good to talk with someone who gives a damn.

As mentioned before, M. is a close friend of R.B., with whom I spent the best years I've ever known. I fully intended to bring her up in the conversation, if only to see how she's doing these days.

M. beat me to it by getting into that subject first.

Because I instinctively trust M. and always have -- and because my emotions have been piled up behind a wall for more than five years -- I heard myself, to my horror, letting out the whole truth. I told her what I found good about R.B. and what bothered me about her (which, as it turns out, M. understands).

And I heard myself telling her more.

So now she knows and, in some limited way, I suspect R.B. will soon know, what I have not told anyone for all this time. Apart from the crawling-over-broken-glass-to-get-back-to-her bit, that is. M. will keep that to herself.

I intended to say more here, but the conversation drained me. I don't feel much like trying to sort it all out now.

Besides, I have to package up some samples of my work to mail off to M. and get it to the post office before 5:00.

That's as good an excuse as any for ending this entry.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful you let it all out and more! It needed to be said...have a wonderful weekend! Lou

Nancy Chisum said...

It is always good to have someone to talk to, who as you say really gives a damn. A person you can be real to is priceless. Glad you were able to share

Doug said...

Even if the result of your therapy is not what you hope for, I hope the release did wonders for your psyche.

Anonymous said...

I can tell by the tone of your entry you feel better, both professionally and personally. Maybe she'll be able to help you get a bit more of your work published. :) As for your previous relationship, maybe she can.... ??

Anonymous said...

Who is " M " ?? I think that's great you could feel comfortable confiding in someone like that!

MrScribbler said...

sunny -- I wrote about "M" roughly a week ago. She, like her husband, is in the same business I am, though she is involved more with marketing.

The first time I met her was the day I met R. B. for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to have someone to talk to who really cares? I'm glad you have M, and I love to read that you're feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it all works out. Everyone needs someone to talk too. It can be really bad for a person to keep to much inside of themselves. Every one needs someone to listen and care.
Roz

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a friend like M. It sounds like your talk with her was just what you needed, both personally and professionally.

Dorrie said...

I can only agree with what everyone else had said! I hope it means things will now start looking better... good luck!

John0 Juanderlust said...

It's good to let it out when you can. You got no reason to hide.

So, how is RB?

Anonymous said...

It must be a relief to be able to talk to someone who understands? I am gald to hear it. Take care there, MrScibbler.

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay! I think I do remember you writing about M before. Thankyou for taking the time to explain things.