Saturday, May 20, 2006

Spamnitized!

Some malignant computer out there laid the comment bomb on me yesterday and today.

A zillion -- okay, more like 80 altogether -- messages saying things like "very interesting site. bookmarked." and all that kind of mindless stuff. Nothing offensive.

Wait. I am offended. It's like having someone spill beer on your floor and then walk away; you have to clean it up.

I don't know what cheap thrill people get from spamming, but I'm not going to let them get their cyber-jollies here.

If I'm going to have mindless comments, I want them to come from humans, thank you very much.

So on goes comment verification, that fun little gizmo where you have to prove you're a real person by looking at and copying down a series of meaningless letters before your comment is accepted.

Take that, anonymous comment-bomber!

5 comments:

Doug said...

Although I can't prove that I'm a human and not some other sentient being, I certainly am able to make a mindless comment.

MrScribbler said...

I have great faith in your abilities, dal!

I'd do it if I were you, Sunny...unless you like getting those meaningless messages....

Dorrie said...

or you can just return to JS heehee

... I have never had to delete a single comment there yet!

Unknown said...

I've had that happen to me too, on Journalspace with word verification functioning. hehe..

MrScribbler said...

Think I'll just stay here and verificate, birdie...I like my little spot and, as Indoloony says, it can happen anywhere.

Besides, the verification gizmo might teach me some new words!