Monday, May 01, 2006

Don't forget me....

In a few hours, I’ll be in the air, on my way to Germany. Laptop-less as always, so I doubt I’ll be updating from there. It’s safe to assume that a six-day silence will descend on this space.

I’m looking forward to the trip, which will be fun and make me a few dollars. It’ll get me away from here, too, which at the moment is a Very Good Thing.

But I’m also not looking forward to it, for reasons that should be apparent to some readers.... Simply put, that extra 6000 or so mile-wide gulf between me and the place where my heart resides is more than a little painful to think about. I’m too far away when I’m here.

There are few things in life more painful to contemplate than being forgotten. I speak from experience. Being "out of sight, out of mind" is hell; I pray that's not my fate.

Don’t forget me.

I have not forgotten you. Nor will I. Ever.

And I will be back.

So take care of you, and think of me, as I will be thinking of you.

7 comments:

Whatsername again....? said...

It's a 6 day vacation...VACATION! *hairy eyeball*

look for internet cafes!

Have fun...I look forward to hearing about your trip.

Whatsername again....? said...

(vacation even though you're working! i know i know! :P)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a safe, smooth and fun trip, MrScribbler! ((hugs)) from Sunny

Anonymous said...

Safe journey Scrib. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders to refresh your perspective on life...

Anonymous said...

coming to Germany and you didn't even tell me.

John0 Juanderlust said...

Hey, I miss you already.
I hope you are setting Europe straight. Ambassador of good will, or good sense or something.

John0 Juanderlust said...

Back today?