Friday, May 19, 2006

The fine print...

...will always get you.

Last week, I ordered two lenses for my digital camera. After finding that their prices were as good -- or better -- than from any camera store, I got them straight from the manufacturer.

They will likely arrive today.

But....

What the company website did not mention, at least on any page I visited, was that the long and wide-angle lenses both require an adapter if they are to be attached to the camera.

So when you buy the TXSD-209RX-M22 and WPSRF-7689QM-F02 lenses, you also have to buy the WTF-29906-SOB9 adapter unit. Which is an extra 20 scoots.

I would have known this if I had read Page 132 of the camera's manual. I didn't.

Add another $19 to get this stupid little ring shipped by overnight service, because I want to use the new trinkets ASAP. Which brings the total for accessories I've bought up to a truly insane sum.

For another $200 or so, I could have bought a new camera, a much better one.

But it would surely have needed accessories, too.

Everyone tries to nickle-and-dime you to death, let me tell you....

PSEUDO-PARENTHETICAL AFTERTHOUGHT: The lenses didn't arrive today, and a communication from the manufacturer tells me I don't get overnight shipping on the adapter...they waited too long to process the order.

Oh well. They knocked $2.00 off the shipping charge, anyway.

Maybe all three items will arrive Monday. Then I can start having some fun with my expensive little toys without making a run to the 99-cent store for silver tape....

7 comments:

Starshine said...

Oh geeze, I'm reading you from two sites! lol. Have fun with your camera when you finally get all the parts.

Whatsername said...

figures!

HarpO'Fly said...

The need for an adaptor can often be circumvented by using duct tape.

MrScribbler said...

Don't have any duct tape...thinking of using super-glue instead....

Or maybe I can make 'em fit with a hammer.

HarpO'Fly said...

Duct tape is easily found in dollar stores. Much cheaper than adaptor. Silly putty may be a good alternative.

DAL said...

I prefer aluminum tape. Sticks like crazy. And it's shiny. Very shiny.



Really...shiny.

MrScribbler said...

I'm easily distracted by shiny stuff...too easily distracted....