Monday, May 29, 2006

My day...

...is a work day, not a holiday, though I do hope to get out to a local Memorial Day observance this afternoon.

I'll be writing an article today, one of three I have to churn out this week.

Not easy. The editors have allocated roughly half the space/word count I asked for. That means distilling an overabundance of information into a very tiny space. The paradox is that it takes far more effort to pull of this act of compression, yet magazines also pay less for a shorter article.

But, while my thoughts are elsewhere today, I can do it.

Like all reporters, I make my living by chronicling what other people have done. Unlike most newspaper reporters, the bulk of my work relates to the successes, occasionally the triumphs, of others, not their mistakes, losses, defeats. That's one of the reasons I like what I do.

But there are times when I wish I could report on my successes, my victories.

If/when such events occur again, I have a place to do it. Right here.

And rest assured I will.

I pray it happens soon.

In the meantime, my regular reportorial duties await....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you,my friend:)

Dee~