Friday, May 26, 2006

Red-eyed...

...in part because I never did get back to sleep after the 0415 wake-up call this morning.

I went down to LAX -- soon to be renamed North Tijuana International Airport -- to meet my friends. Their flight arrived 90 minutes late. They were both sick, both dispirited.

I was dispirited, too. I've recorded my emotions about coming through the airport after a long trip before; being on the waiting side of the rail hit me just as hard. In the two hours I stood there, I watched joyful reunions as passengers from five flights were met.

The last time anyone who cared about me -- as opposed to being paid to meet me -- was waiting for me at an airport was...almost six years ago. And that was one of the very few times it has happened.

Be that as it may. I handled my friends' luggage, got them home. I got the sense that they appreciated it, though both were in advanced states of zombie-hood.

And now, here I am. Tired, Sad. Lonely.

Just another night in the life....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to let Jung speak for me: "The only sins are deceit and despair." (Their might be another one, I don't know.) But you're despairing here. Don't do that.

--Lauren

MrScribbler said...

Lauren -- Napoleon (or maybe George Patton) said "God is on the side with the biggest army." Sometimes, despair has the biggest army....

Anonymous said...

sending you a big hug ...

MrScribbler said...

Your turn will come, Ms Draggs, probably sooner than you suspect. And I know you'll appreciate that as much as I would have....

Wizardress said...

*hugs*