Monday, May 22, 2006

Lens test!

Yes, the last piece of the lens puzzle -- the Dreaded Adapter Ring -- arrived this morning. So now, I have all I need to go out and shoot some new photos!

Except for time, that is. Work will keep me close to the desk today, aided (as can be seen in the pics) by the late arrival of the rain promised for last night, though that can end as quickly as it began.

So I stuck the camera out my front door to see what effect the new glassaware has on it. This first picture is with the camera's lens, set to a "normal" focal length (unchanged, mainly, for the second and third shots)...


Adding the "wide" lens brought this result...


And this is what the "telephoto" does....


The one thing I hadn't figured on was that the camera, adapter and lenses won't fit in my handy carrying pouch. The maker, of course, has a bag for that. For a slight additional cost, of course.

Fortunately, pack rat that I am, I hadn't thrown (or given) away a neat little padded bag I got on a press trip some ten years ago, even though I could conceive of no good use for it. Until now. Dusted off, it proved to be the ideal size for camera and lenses, plus spare batteries and memory chip.

Can't wait to put these goodies to a real test!

5 comments:

Whatsername again....? said...

damn...your apartment complex is sweet.

MrScribbler said...

Looks good in pictures, doesn't it?

But if the termites ever stop holding hands....

Doug said...

Heh heh. I stick my cam up against my cheapo binocs for a telephoto shot. It sucks. And it's hard to focus.

The photos look good. And happy tqvpjbbp to you!

MrScribbler said...

I wish you a good tasnv too, dal!

Anonymous said...

It's Melrose Place apartments!