Saturday, June 03, 2006

Today...

...is a work day.

This was the weekend I was supposed to go back east. For a plethora of entirely practical reasons, I decided not to make the trip.

There were also a couple of impractical reasons for the decision, but no need to go into them here.

So I'm paying for it. Instead of sweltering in the sun back there in blazer and tie, I'll swelter here in t-shirt and shorts.

And I'll try to force my thoughts into productive paths. At least for as long as it takes to do some research and crank out an article.

I'm not as dull as this makes me sound. Really. I mean it. I'm not. Not at all. Nuh-uh.

You should see me when I'm happy.

I hope the time comes when you do. For your sake, and for mine.

Ah, well.

Work awaits....

2 comments:

Doug said...

Someday I'm either going to come out there, or meet you when you come east. I don't know if either of us will be happy or not, but we can discuss that over beers.

I guess I didn't verify properly. if this shows up twice, me so sorry.

Wheeke!

MrScribbler said...

You must have your cmjzuj workin', dal. Showed up once only.

The beers'll be on me....