Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday...

...has been a major pain in the posterior so far. And it's not even half done.

My computer is playing games with me. Not nice games, either. A couple of programs have been acting funky; the latest is my DSL connection software, which refuses to come on screen so I can connect. I have it set to connect automatically now, but don't much like that.

Of course the young lady with the incomprehensible accent at the help number was no help at all. I don't suppose AT&T is responsible for this anyway, so the call to New Delhi -- or Banglaore, or Mumbai, or wherever -- was a waste of time.

Much earlier (think 0715), I went out to meet some people. That, too, was a waste, 120 miles on the road for nothing except fresh air, which I'm in no mood to appreciate.

So now, I get to figure out what I want to do with the rest of the day. I know what I can't do; the rest is just chooosing from pitiful alternatives.

I'll be back here later, no doubt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww (hugs)

Hope your day gets better... :D

Doug said...

What OS are you using? I didn't think DSL required additional software anymore. I haven't used connection software in nearly five years.

MrScribbler said...

AT&T's DSL requires software, dal. And it's making me xajygbg.