Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I've been trying to think of...

...something to write about.

It's not as if I have nothing to say. I do. But each time I've started in, I bailed out before finishing.

I could blame it on the weather, maybe. It's 78 degrees, very humid, overcast and there's a strong wind blowing. Out over the ocean, there are rain showers, but whatever might be falling here evaporates -- or blows away -- before it hits the ground. Makes me feel restless, edgy.

But that's only part of it, or maybe nothing more than an excuse. There's a lot going on in the world that bothers me; despite my preoccupation with the personal situation, I can't help noticing that many other things are going badly outside my own little space. I have opinions about them, but no real motivation to write.

My premonitory sense is working overtime. I can't shake the feeling that something is going to happen; whether it'll be good or bad, I couldn't say. I'm hoping for good, but recent experiences are preventing me from being optimistic.

No, I don't want to write about the ills of the world, the venality and stupidity of politicians or anything of that nature. Nor do I want to write about me in my current state. I want to write about something positive, if possible something that makes me -- and other people -- happy.

If I should happen to find a bottle with a genie inside today, I'll be hard-pressed to think of three wishes to ask for. I have only two.

PARENTHETICAL THOUGHT: Actually, I do have a third wish...it just doesn't relate directly to me....

This would be a fine, fine day for a miracle.

That would get the words flowing, believe me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i found a bottle with a genie today or ever, i would be careful with what i wish for. very careful.

MrScribbler said...

Ah, waglet...you have no idea how carefully I have considered my wishes!

Doug said...

I wish I could find a genie like Barbara Eden in her early days--she really had that whole zcnwyog thing going.

MrScribbler said...

True, true, dal. But the genie I'm hoping for has more uwrhf than ol' Barbara ever did....