Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some people have no sense of humor...

...and they manage to mess things up for the rest of us.

The politically-correct bluenoses here in L.A. objected strenuously to a charity benefit called "Hooters For Neuters" that was meant to raise funds for spay-and-neuter clinics. The city has withdrawn its support.

The head of the "Commission on the Status of Women" set up a ruckus, and even the change in advertising from this...


...to this...


...didn't keep her, and a notoriously stupid and strident city emplyee from forcing the city to withdraw its support for an event that might help cut down on the number of unwanted animals euthanized every year.

I've never been to Hooters. It isn't my scene. But I'm tempted to go and donate a few bucks to the cause, which is important to me.

Especially if it bugs the overly sensitive p.c. types.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I should laugh at the change of ads or what. It is the times of the idiots. Yes you should get your pet fixed.
Roz

Doug said...

They should have added Bob Barker--huge TV celeb whose sign off urges folks to get their pet spayed or neutered.

Maybe Hooters should start a campaign to have city commissioners spayed or neutered.

That might get them in deep yhsrwnb, though.

MrScribbler said...

The city commissioners' parents should have been spayed and neutered, dal.

I'm all for any woman who wants to show of her twyaa. Especially for a good cause.

Dorrie said...

Germany went through that type of political correctness in the 80's... here it didn't last long, luckily. That type of attitude is so nwvulx!!!

MrScribbler said...

Somehow, I never thought the woyzqxav attitude would take hold in Germany....

Anonymous said...

Hooters for Neuters is funny... Hooters is starting to open in Australia and I find the whole thing a bit sad and 1980s.

Either that or get us girls a "Dicks". Actually, ewww, no.

Anonymous said...

Yes, by all means, donate to the animals. (The 4 legged ones, that is!)
Sunny :)

MrScribbler said...

kim -- I think the whole "Hooters" thing is "sad and 1980s" myself, but I like the idea of helping animals by raising money off the guys who go there. In fact I like just about anything that helps animals....

Anonymous said...

Oy gevalt. I don't spend my money at Hooters, but I support their right to exist. Didn't this used to be a free country?