Sunday, June 11, 2006

My computer...

...seems to be dismantling its little electronic self right before my eyes. Programs that were working fine two days ago now work intermittently, if at all.

So I’m burning everything important on CDs, hoping I won’t lose essential words and pictures. Adding the CD burner has proven invaluable; it has allowed me to save things I currently do not wish to look at but can’t bring myself to simply throw away, and now it is letting me save what I need to save.

After that’s done, I’ll take whatever drastic measures are needed to take to get it straightened out. I may be forced into silence for a day or two if the band-aids and chewing gum don't work....

I don’t need this right now.

Grief on top of grief on top of misery.

Somewhere, someone is sticking – or has stuck – pins in a Scribbler-shaped voodoo doll. Only one has done serious damage; the latest pin is just a small sting.

But it does seem slightly unfair.

6 comments:

gillardia said...

Poor Scribbs! I hope you can work things out with your computer! *HUGS*

Gill

MrScribbler said...

It's sorta halfway working, gillardia...I'm keeping my fingers crossed 'til I have someone come in to look at it....

And that's more than I can say about other things right now....

Doug said...

I found a pair of trojans on the laptop the other day. And two Windows programs that would have helped me disable them were themselves disabled by the trojans. Fortunately, Windows keeps copies of those, so I was able to clean the trojans out.

mrerfn says hello.

Anonymous said...

Computer problems suck! Good luck with those - mostly good luck with the other stuff.

-MB

MrScribbler said...

I think I've got one, dal...despite the programs intended to keep 'em out. ZoneAlarm caught one trying to access its "home" when I logged back on....

It's all a bunch of cmlnpfvk, if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

I hope all good things happen to someone as sweet as you, MrScribbler. I hope I don't get any of those darn horses in mine. *hugs* Sunny/Judy