Saturday, December 22, 2007

Lest I/we/you forget...

...this is a small sample of what H. missed when she suggested Torrance -- or was it Lomita? -- as our Christmas photo destination.

PARENTHETICAL SNEAKY-BASTARD THOUGHT: Yes, sweets, I know you're looking at my site. That's why I have Sitemeter. It knows when you've been sleeping, it knows when you're awake...no, wait, that's part of the extra-deluxe version I don't get 'cause I'm cheap....

These are pics I took back in December, 2005* in San Marino, where they light up the trees and keep the house decorations to a minimum...





I didn't get over to Altadena on that trip, where some of the denizens really get into the all-out, put-up-a lot-of lights-for-Santa bit.

Do I think the Torrance (or Lomita) display was way cooler? Damn skippy I do!

But maybe that's because in 2005 I froze my nalgas off, alone, to try to spread some Christmas cheer, and this year I had a dear friend as a companion.

Still, I enjoyed looking at the trees.

But the old dog can still learn a new trick or two....

* For a journal in another space, mind you.

2 comments:

Doug said...

That first pic is way cool. I love long exposures.

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER seen huge Christmas trees all together like in your photos! Thankyou for sharing this most wonderful sight! (shhhh~~~ MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU! ~Sunny~