Monday, December 24, 2007

It's time...

...as NORAD tracks Santa to Rutland, Vermont, Christmas is approaching the East Coast.

That means it's appropriate to wish one and all a Merry Christmas, or a happy whatever-you-celebrate...



I'm sure everyone has decorated their Christmas trees, hung up the dreidls lit by blue-and-white lamps, built their Kwanzaa huts* or otherwise done what they do to celebrate the season.

I've been listening to Christmas music ranging from heartwarming to awful, have been guzzling cold meds and trying keep the seasonal spirit from fleeing. Ate well, too, as the neighbor whose dinner invitation I turned down dropped back by with a plate of Swedish meatballs, 'taters and gravy. Yum.

The red-clad lard-o is now reported at Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, which means he'll soon be visiting a friend in Ontario.

I'm taking some joy in thinking about all the kids who still think ol' Santa is the bomb, gift-wise. Looking back, I can't ever say I dug the act 100%, but I still like it.

What I want every one of you to do, if you're fortunate enough to be in the situation I miss so terribly, is to turn to the ones you love, tell each one you love them, give them a warm hug, open up that gift-bag of kisses and spread them around. No gift is more valuable.

And so, as the famous sleigh, pulled, for the record, by nine not-so-tiny reindeer, zooms in on Labrador City, Newfoundland, I bid one and all a merry and healthy Christmas....


* Why do I say these things?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say them because you mean them! ;)

Anonymous said...

It is now 12:43 here in Eastern Canada and Santa just left our son's stash under the tree so since it passed my inspection I am now going to bed! Have a good one MrS! Lou

Doug said...

You just can't help yourself? I would be most disappointed if you pun-ted your trademark.

Careful with the Nyquil. Drinking with Mr. Beam only gets you drunk.

Santa did a delivery here yesterday on his course run through. We took it from there.

Anonymous said...

Opens the bag of kisses and hugs and sends one over to you ...I hope you have a good day today Mr Scribs....

Anonymous said...

Whether it’s because I’m an atheist, or, more likely, because I’m a cynic, I don’t set much store by Christmas, but a Merry Christmas to you all the same. I hope you have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, MrS.

Hugs,
Betty

Anonymous said...

No tree, no lights, no gifts (broke as hell will do that to ya), but I'm blessed to have my kids here with me. That's worth it all to me.

Merry Christmas R.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mr. S.!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Scribbs buddy!