Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve, mid-afternoon...

...and Santa has just left Portugal for a run down the Western edge of Africa.

I slept through his European deliveries. Wanted to help the fat bearded guy by volunteering to drop a few gifts off in Germany, the UK and Northern Ireland....

The cold (or whatever it is) seems to be in a bit of a lull. Maybe I have sneezed, dripped and tear-ed out all the moisture in my body. Or perhaps it was the three-hour coma sleep.

Being sick is bad enough any time. Right now it's worse, of course. It's depressing as can be, to be honest. Not that I had any great expectations for Christmas Eve, but it has totally screwed up days spent trying to get myself into some kind of half-way Christmas mood.

Santa is in Tombouctou, Mali as I write. I wish I was somewhere other than here, though not Mali. And I wish I didn't feel as if eight tiny reindeer bastards had trampled me repeatedly.

I still hope it's a much happier day for you....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not bothering to sign in while on my daughter's comp.... but the day with the family was very nice, kids were good. But now it's long past bedtime (1 a.m.).

Hope your day turns out better then expected! {{{hugs}}}

Birdie from Germany

Anonymous said...

I love how you're tracking santa. It's almost enough to make me put bah-humbug away for a few minutes for the interest factor.