Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm glad you're not here...

...because it would be too damn uncomfortable for me.

I've had what might be called a "bad day." I've had a lot of those lately. If you consider the better part of three years "lately."

"Good days" are rare, unexpected and generally beyond my comprehension.

And I don't know whom I would want -- or trust -- to be around me right now. I once thought I did, but I was mistaken. No doubt most of you have someone to whom you can turn in rough times; at least I hope you do.

Some time ago, I felt I was among you. I was wrong. I thought I had found someone who knew what it was like to have bad days, and who appreciated support and love. But when it got down to the nitty-gritty, all she wanted was someone to support her, and to hell with worrying about the rough stuff that happens to others. Me, for example.

It's pure hell being alone.

This is where I think I'll end this. No sense in looking for what I can't have. And it makes no sense telling you how much it hurts.

And if you find this incomprehensible, I'm happy for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you. it is pure hell being alone. what's even worse is being MARRIED and still being alone. now i realize that this old fool would be better off just being alone period.
Bud

Anonymous said...

I truly believe there is someone for everyone. It's getting those two together at the same place and time that's difficult. Keep searching. And keep making music. :)

S

Anonymous said...

Bud is right. Grass always greener ....