Saturday, September 15, 2007

North of Mettler, south of Wasco...

...is the place where I'm headed.

Jesus, why didn't I get a job in a hardware store?

Gotta figure two gas stops -- the car has a small tank -- plus lots of dirt and heat. I'll probably be the only guy out there wearing a white dress shirt. Long sleeves, y'know.

The only good thing about it, aside form making a few bucks, is that I won't be sitting here all day. No Howard Roark-style thoughts about dynamiting projects I've done that have been altered by talentless hacks.

Just another day of doing what I do well but have grown to dislike.

And then home, to an empty room. To work, and work some more.

Didn't sleep worth a damn last night.

Oh, well, I'll try to take a photo or two.

Off to the races....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do a lot of things well, Scribbs. Surely you can't hate them all? Yes, pictures. Lots, please. :)

John0 Juanderlust said...

I hope you find the Holy Grail. It is time someone did. Like you said, the good part about a road trip is that it is better than staying home for some of us.
I hope it all goes for the good and you have a good time. Bring back that Grail. Some of us need the magic and the answers.