Monday, September 24, 2007

I was going to write...

...another screed tonight. My mood has not lifted, even though a neighbor gave me a plate with some of the tastiest brisket, mashed 'taters and fresh tomatoes I've had in years. Half is still left for tomorrow....

Of course I did a small favor for her husband, who is in the Army. He is fascinated by my "job," and sometimes likes an up-close look at what I might be working with. Today was one of those days. So I let him play with the current toy -- under damn close supervision, you dig -- and, a few moments after he left with a big smile, his wife came by with the plate of tasty foodstuffs.

Everything else remains more or less as before, which is crappy.

Worse, when the shit-storm hits, it brings other unhappy things to mind. The snake of depression eats its own tail, so to speak.

I thought about pitching a rant about Mad Mahmoud, but my thoughts are not sufficiently well-ordered to do it. I watched his speech today, and all I can think of at the moment is this: though I'm relatively nonviolent, I wouldn't mind simply decking the slimy runt.

But I'm self-absorbed tonight. In 48 hours I'll be in Montana. Or under sedation.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip Scribbs.

Gill

Anonymous said...

"The snake of depression eats its own tail, so to speak."

That's the best line I've read in months... hell, maybe ever!

Wake up and force yourself to smile and see what happens. You never know...

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even listen to his speech. It would have made me sick.

Don't forget to share some of the scenery from Montana. I look forward to the photos.

John0 Juanderlust said...

You don't like Mo?
He's liable to be teaching at Columbia if he ever gets out of office alive, which I doubt.
He told the students they have no gay people in Iran. I think he was using the archaic definition.

MrScribbler said...

John -- I'm sure you're right. Mad Mo surely feels the same about homosexuals as he does about his "friends," the Jews.

A teaching job for him at Columbia? Not unless they outbid Berkeley....

becomingkate said...

I hope the trip to Montana works out well. You realize you'll be pretty close to me then? One day we need to have a coffee.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

see nice favorite site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_a134?tab=Comments] adipex diet pills [/url]

http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_a134?tab=Comments
[url=http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_a134?tab=Comments] adipex information [/url]