Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back at my desk...

...after two strenuous but mainly enjoyable days in Seattle.

Left the place at 4;00 am Tuesday, arrived in Seattle at 9:15 and, with others on the trip was bundled into a car for a lot of driving. I had forgotten that there is no direct connection between any two points in the Seattle area. But we cheated death again, and had a wonderful dinner at a frou-frou restaurant near the W Hotel, followed by the well-lubricated gathering of information I will never be able to print.

This morning started at 6:00 am, and after breakfast and a short drive we spent the rest of the day -- at least until 1:00 pm -- at a familiar "campus" in nearby Redmond. Interesting information, and even the security guards there look like geeks....

Did I take pictures? Not to speak of. I promise more from Montana.

I did get to see Mt Rainier through the clouds during the incoming flight...



This was the closest I got to the Space Needle...



Pig-painting has spread to Seattle. This one's outside a bar...



Didn't notice where the merry-go-pig was...



I thought I saw a green pig in front of a Starbucks, but couldn't get a picture.

I am tired, and should sleep well tonight.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. Nice pigs too. Get a good nights rest! til tomorrow then....

MaFan

Anonymous said...

I lived in Tacoma for a bit. Had to walk by the state hospital as part of the route to school. Puget Sound is very stunning as is the view of Mt Rainier. Although it rains a lot there and eensey blanket of snow. I like snow, I spent most of my lil tyke years growing up in Buffalo.

Glad to see you back :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Welcome home! Sounds like a good trip.

John0 Juanderlust said...

I am only now learning of this pig painting thing. It leaves the door wide open for terrorists to disguise themselves as painted pigs in fropnt of bars. What happens next is anyone's guess.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I love the pictures, especially the one of the pig.

Anonymous said...

Never knew about pig painting...ty for the intro! Lou

Anonymous said...

*gasp* the mountain... wow... I literally gasped outloud. I would love to have seen that...

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! Nice pigs too.. LOL

Gill

Anonymous said...

Oh crap! Someone already said that.... I didn't read the other comments first.....

Gill

MrScribbler said...

Gill -- who wouldn't like a painted piggy?