Saturday, September 22, 2007

It rained today...

...SoCal style, which would be considered a modest fall of dew anywhere else this side of the Sahara....

Not enough to make the VW Bus belonging to a neighbor's boyfriend look any better...



What "Vigilante" refers to is beyond me. A rock band, maybe, or a crappy biker bar.

And if you want to know the truth, I don't care.

The anger that comes and goes is building again. It's frustration, really, that feeling that nothing much I do can lead to anything more than another day like the last.

There are people I could hurt, you damn betcha, but that's hardly my goal. The opposite is more my style. And there are others I could inconvenience by not doing my work.

But if a tidal wave were to wash away Where the Ghetto Meets the Sea, only those I have inconvenienced -- and those to whom I owe money -- would notice. And then not for very long.

Being alone and unloved is a real drag, Jim.

Let the rain fall. I enjoy it in good times, and don't mind in bad times.

If only the rain, or something -- anything -- could wash away the bitterness, life would seem more tolerable. Even if it meant lurching around in a miserable VW Bus.

Good night, Miss Wonderly, wherever you are tonight. You had a far more profound effect on me than you could ever know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bus...

Gill

John0 Juanderlust said...

I wonder if the VW driver even knows what the word means. Might be a gang sub group or else he is a good Samaritan who takes the law into his own hands, like Charles Bronson.

I have to consider the empty stuff temporary. Some things are dangerous to focus on too much. It leads to more pain.

Anonymous said...

The bitterness can only be washed away when you love yourself and say "to hell with the rest of you." Realize that you are wonderful and the world will see it too.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that like a Grateful Dead groupie bus?

Bus 'O Deadheads.

LOL.

MrScribbler said...

Int -- Saw the driver this morning...scraggly hair & beard, worn,dirty Levi's, plaid shirt and a headscarf. You're almost certainly right!

Doug said...

That bus is plenty big enough to haul the few things that are valuable to me, but how far would it carry them?

MrScribbler said...

-- I once saw it six blocks from here...moving (under its own power)!