Monday, September 17, 2007

No one promised me...

...the moon and the stars (not lately, that is)...



...but a nice company did buy me a ticket to Seattle for tomorrow, and despite the fact that I have to get up at 3:00 am to make it on the plane, I'm more-or-less ready.

Except for most of a night's sleep and the usual last minute throw-clothes-in-bag bit.

It's a measure of tough financial times in "my" industry that they didn't fly me up tonight for tomorrow's program. Ten years ago, that would have been the norm.

I'm not complaining; I'm a big boy. About some things, anyway.

And all it will cost me is leaving a car in the cheapo lot at the airport for two days. Not so bad.

Ordinarily, I'd be grousing about not having enough time to relax and enjoy my strange surroundings, but I lived in Seattle long ago, and my interest in sightseeing is minimal.

I should be back Wednesday night.

Hasta la vista, fellow babies....

PARENTHETICAL BELABORING-THE-OBVIOUS NOTE: If you don't already know, clicking on the image will bring up a full-screen version. Then you can see at least two stars. More if your monitor's dusty....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip honey.

Charlestonjoan said...

Travel safely.

Anonymous said...

Have fun Scrib! - kimmywoo

Anonymous said...

have a safe journey Mr Scribs.

Anonymous said...

Early fights are cheaper for sure. At least you know you've got a loooong FULL day of work! Fresh seafood....mmmmm You R lucky!

MaFan

Anonymous said...

Hope you have some fun while you're there.

Gill

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Maybe it won't rain while you're there.