Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Sunday-afternoon report...

...is none too damn cheery, I'm afraid.

I'm trying to get the second version of the article I've been working on ready to ship to its editor. My original intention was write a new lede, swap a few paragraphs and be done with it.

Didn't work that way. I found that making both magazines happy means rewriting perhaps 60% of the story, and my heart's just not in it. And that just might have something to do with the continuing saga of the non-arriving checks....

After writing this morning's screed, I remembered something a reasonably bright friend of mine once said: "Paying attention to -- and participating in -- politics is for those who have no lives. If more people were getting laid regularly, there would be fewer politicians, and fewer people listening to them."

He was so right.

Maybe one day I'll lose interest in politics. Based on his analysis, that would be a glorious day for me.

Right now, my only interests involve faraway people, things and events.

No comments: