Saturday, January 06, 2007

Since it's Saturday...

...I did see some interesting cars this morning, and want to share a few favorites with you.

Everyone seems to love Aston Martins. I do too; they're beautiful and great fun to drive...



But more to my taste is this immaculate, perfectly restored '63 Corvette Sing Ray "split-window" coupe...



If I had a couple of acres of raw land, I'd build myself a dirt track, so I could race this wonderful sprint car (complete with proper Offenhauser engine) from the 1950s...



I have a soft spot for cars snatched away from the scrapyard, and have always dug the "1963 1/2" Ford Galaxie coupes like this obviously unrestored (and, until recently, unloved) example, especially when they have a hot "390" V8 under the hood...



But, being both practical and a big Mini fan, I would have been happy to drive this tiny 1961 Austin Mini "Woodie" wagon home...



Yes, there were dozens of other desirable rides to look at, but as usual I overdosed quickly on the big-buck rides of the gold-chain crowd. I guess I'm just a blue-collar dude at heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... I love the silver Vette....And, that little race car is wayyy cute. *Smiles* and *hugs*

Unknown said...

ohhhh Scott hasn't seen the photo of the Astin Martin yet.......he is gonna love it.

Anonymous said...

I don't care how silly I'd look, I'd happily strap on a Mr. T starter set if I could have an Aston Martin! :)

Doug said...

I see a tiny pickup beside the Mini. I wouldn't mind having a fleet of a half dozen different-bodied Minis.

John0 Juanderlust said...

Astin Martin may be the best looking car going. If not, then it must be in the top three. Wonder what the other two would be?