Saturday, January 20, 2007

It's Saturday...

...since my presence was required at the site of the weekly car show, I thought I'd snap a few pics for all y'all...

I always seem to take photos of the cars that interest me most -- mainly, the strange ones -- but I know at least one person who checks in here likes the exotic stuff, so here a few of the more la-di-da cars that were on display today.

PARENTHETICAL NOTE: These are pretty normal for this crowd. While the particular cars may change, there are always plenty of high-zoot rides to look at.

First, a Ferrari F40...


And an Aston Martin. This particular model brings back warm memories of a holiday spent with sweet R.B., where one of our "perks" was a similar Aston -- though that one was a convertible -- to pootle around in...


For those with major money to spend, this Bugatti Veyron fits the bill...


Or, for a little less, you could buy a Porsche Carrera GT...


Here are two of the six Ford GTs that showed up. A Ford dealer brought these, and was offering them at a cool 30K above the list price...


Of course I can't resist showing you one of my faves, this early-1950s English Ford "Anglia" van, transformed into a hot rod with a huge Chevy V8 stuffed under the hood....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bugatti is interesting. Did they mean for it to be red then change their minds or mean for it to be black and changed their mind? Hmmm.

John0 Juanderlust said...

I wonder why they insist on mucking up cool cars with garish paint jobs. Must be the racing connection. Aston Martins always look good. So do most of the one color cars. The GTs would be good without the spiffy color schemes.

Anonymous said...

from his lack of comments I see Scott has not seen the Astin Martin yet....there will be drool on his keyboard for sure when he does...

MrScribbler said...

All the Veyrons I've seen -- that must be a total of three, maybe four -- had two-tone paint. It's a "historical" thing, just as the orange/blue paint of the Ford (which is a very expensive option) is a "historical" reference.

The solid-yellow GT I posted a pic of a few weeks ago looked great. If I had the dough, that's how I'd have it painted.

Anonymous said...

You live in car-guy heaven, Scribbs. We see these type cars around here on rare occasion only. The Veyron...never. The Aston Martin just exudes "style". And the Ford GT's...what is "30K over list"? $160K? This would be one of those "look, don't touch" shows for me. Thanks for sharing your pics. :)

MrScribbler said...

l&s -- The blue/orange GT had a sticker of $211K. Since the cars are now out of production, the dealer might get it.

As for the Aston, they are best with a beautiful woman in the passenger's seat. Or, in the case of R.B., she wanted to drive, too, and did. Very well, too, I might add....

Anonymous said...

High-zoot, eh :) I like that expression. I think I want to be high -zoot and I didn't know it until now.

MrScribbler said...

I think you're already kinda high-zoot, Joan....

Anonymous said...

cool cars, thanks for sharing... Hood?
lz

Anonymous said...

Yup. Those are some mighty fine looking rides! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Love the cars. I just want a little Honda. That's not too much to ask. :(

Doug said...

Hmm, decisions, decisions. Nah, I'll take the Ford GT over any of them. Solid color, yellow sounds about right. The Aston is nice, but it is fairly well known, as it still has styling clues from the Connery James Bond days. The GT has just the right amount of "what the hell is that?!" when it goes by.