Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sorrow and vultures.

A local college football player fell to his death from a cliff a couple of blocks from where I live. His body was discovered late yesterday, bringing dozens of fire trucks, police cars and helicopters to the scene. No one knows why it happened, at least not yet. Given the scarcity of evidence, the reason may never be known.

Today, a memorial had grown up at the place where he is believed to have fallen....



And the vultures, arriving with camera crews in their "Mobile Units," gathered again to broadcast the latest non-information and feed off the sorrow, live from the scene...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about that. The media will go after anything to get their story. I say leave the poor people alone.

Gill

Anonymous said...

Been a bad week for football players all around. I think two pros were shot.

John0 Juanderlust said...

Classic picture sequence. Really drove it home. Safer than covering gangs.

Anonymous said...

Good ol SoCal media. Everything is a story.

Anonymous said...

I must point out that you took a pic of the scene too...

Humans love to be witness to others tragedies.

Why is that?
Why are we like this?

Yet another reason I am ashamed to be a part of this race.

*hugs* and AloooHa!

Anonymous said...

ha, i was going to say you took pictures too. anyway, that is sad. i wonder what happened. i hope is family get those answers.

Anonymous said...

A football player was shot in Colorado, too. You are right... media thrives on this and circles around like vultures as soon as they get wind of it.

MrScribbler said...

KF and waglet -- Did I say I was any better? I was "reporting," too....

John0 Juanderlust said...

What does ashamed to be part of the human race entail? What are the options? Can't claim responsibility for the bulk of the species.
Scrib--you were getting in their face to do an interview. That's at least something.

John0 Juanderlust said...

weren't. I guess you weren't.

Anonymous said...

I hate when the reporters try to interview people when their loved ones die. It makes me sick. :(