Monday, November 20, 2006

So far, nothin'....

It's been another day of talking to voicemail systems without getting any responses. This was the sixth attempt in 10 days to reach one editor in particular. Strange stuff; you can't get 'em off the phone when they want something from you....

So far, the tidal wave of dung has yet to hit the beach. The fact that it has yet to appear on the horizon is not as comforting as it should be. I know it's coming and, worse, know that I have done all I can to stop it but my efforts have been insufficient.

Nothing good, nothing bad.

Nothing.

In the meantime, I'm working on an article. The subject didn't exactly fill me with joy when I took it, and of course is no more inspiring now, so the work goes on in small segments that I'll have to tie together later.

I'll get it done, though. I promised I would.

But I'm damned if I can see any reason to bother.

No comments: