Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday-night wrapup

Can't really say much about today, one way or the other. Wasn't as productive as I would have liked (and was, as most days are here, mainly laughter-free), but I did have a nice walk (that's when I took the GCotW photos).

Which reminds me: here's one of the runners-up, who might well have been the featured kittycat if Killer hadn't been such a show-off...



I'm tired. In fact, the only reason I'm sitting here is that I'm waiting to find out if a meal I ate a few hours ago has given me food poisoning. I sense some of the early signs, but am not sure if it's going to, well, "erupt," or if I'm just paranoid after hearing all the e. coli stories in the past few days.

If this keeps up, we won't be able to eat anything.

Oh, yeah. The news just came out that N. Korea just popped off a nuclear weapon. So much for the policies of "negotiation" and "diplomacy."

Tomorrow's a holiday. At least it is for government employees. I'll be working, just like most normal human beings. If I can get out of bed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute cat! I hope you don't have food poisoning!

MrScribbler said...

She is a cutie, emd. As for the other, the jusry is still out, so to speak...and, for your information, I did not eat at Louie's #2, or Nam's Red Door tonight....

Anonymous said...

meow

Anonymous said...

I was talking to my sis last night and she said, do you KNOW that the world is falling apart? (I am notorious for not being up on current events.)
She told me about Korea and I said I can't do a thing about it.
Said the u n is meeting about it and I said oh well in that case we have days before anything happens because thay have to get the interpreters ...
She said it was causing an earthquake and I said are they on the same tectonic plateas as we are?
I bet if you met me in "real" life you eyes would just glaze over...
But I do undertand about tectonic plates!

Anonymous said...

missed my typo again, sorry!

MrScribbler said...

lovezao -- Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do...and I'm afraid there isn't anything anyone else will do, except talk.

Anonymous said...

Right. I guess I should still be informed.

I just remembered the original reason I came to your journal was to read 12b12's entry in the poetry contest which had just ended...A random thought, one of many...