Thursday, October 12, 2006

Just for the record...

...a very good friend called me today in an effort to cheer me up a bit.

During the course of the conversation, I dropped in a dry little one-liner (it would take far too long to explain) and, after a pause, what I said hit her and she dissolved in wonderful, uninhibited laughter.

It's been too long since I've heard anything like that. It warmed my heart and, for far longer than the actual bout of mirth lasted, calmed my soul.

In fact, the effects linger, even now.

So this is for you, Lauren, in gratitude for what you did and who you are...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, nice lady, for cheering up our friend. Laughter truly is the best medicine. Enjoy the glow, Scribbs. Nice pic, too! :)

gillardia said...

I'm happy to see a ray of sunshine for you today, Scribs. Hang on to it.

Gill

Anonymous said...

The weather's still too nice not to relax and "go with the flow"! I appreciate your comments on MY page, always, and alswys glad to see you with Westy!

Anonymous said...

MAN, WHAT A HORRIBLE TYPIST I AM!

NOT "alswys", I think!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou to Lauren for cheering up our MrScribbler! :) ((BigHugs)) from Sunny

Anonymous said...

Heh. Last night, I fell asleep in front of the computer at 7AM and woke up late and didn't see this till just now. Thank you. Thank you for adding to my laughter.

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

There is nothing so pleasurable as to make someone dissolve with helpless laughter.

It's a pleasuse I know well - soon as I take off my motorcycle helmet and show my face, people just fall about (I thought I would get that in before you did, you miserable ole scribbler)

JJ

MrScribbler said...

You're too modest, JJ -- you don't even have to pop off the crash-hat!

BTW -- has your BMW forgiven you for feeding it diesel juice yet?