Monday, October 16, 2006

Blind man

Yes, I got the damn blinds clean. Most of them, anyway; I have a few left to do. They are made of some cheap plastic that just grabs on to dirt and, because they are held up by flimsy little clips, it is impossible to clean them in place. So I yanked 'em down and soaked them in a bleach/laundry soap mix in the tub. That, plus some scrubbing, did the trick.

All that contortionism did nasty things to my back. Thank goodness today's cleaning work can be done while standing more-or-less upright. I may actually get it all finished today. Or not.

I'm not in the mood for this stuff. For once, my online horoscope got it more-or-less right:

Aries Mar 21 - Apr 19
It's time to stand up and speak. You've got some mighty powerful sentiments in your heart, and they're just clamoring to get out. If there's one sign that knows how to get things off the ground, it's yours.


Now all I have to do is get up the nerve to "stand up and speak." The fear that no one will listen is strong.

Of course I won't let all of my "powerful sentiments" out, for reasons I will leave you to guess....

Oh, well. Time to shampoo the carpets.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give 'em hell, MrScribbler. Stand up and speak out. (And don't forget to duck afterwards.) :)

Anonymous said...

I admire your tenacity in cleaning blinds. I have a whole bunch I need to do, but just cannot bring myself to do it. 56 very large windows, all covered in blinds = a job of nightmarish proportions! And I hope you have someone to speak out to...keeping it in just ain't good...

MrScribbler said...

kashew -- I did 50-some blinds yesterday, and have probably a dozen more that will need a "bath."

Have to get the carpet-shampooing out of the way first, though.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. I'm a professional cleaning lady, and even I don't do blinds!

Completely off topic, but: How in the hell does one put you in their "Favorites" list? It appears to be that this is not a JS blog ...how on earth did you set this blog up the way you did? And how does a JS member leave comments without having to go thru this whole rigamarole you got going on down here below? ....:-)

Alooooooooooha!

Anonymous said...

goodness gracious you are energetic!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you are an Aroes just like my mom. She read me this very same horoscope this morning. It was true for her :)

Wanna clean my blinds? Please :D

John0 Juanderlust said...

I certainly envy your ability to clean and organize, and your sense of need to do it.
The bane of my existence--every day matters than civilized people and smart people realize must be done.
Maybe I'll gain some inspiration and take the unopened mail off the stairs.

John0 Juanderlust said...

what's up? How did I become john on here? that's unusual, but the name does ring a bell