Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My luck has run out...

...and I have to report, at 0745 tomorrow morning, to the Long Beach Superior court for a day of fun & frolic as a potential juror.

Damn. I was hoping I wouldn't get called.

All things considered, that means leaving the house at 0630 or thereabouts, to make sure I can find parking and drag my ass into the right area to be processed, get my stylish little badge stuck into a plastic holder...



And then sit around all day waiting to be picked for a jury.

I can't believe any lawyer will be dumb enough to let me become one of Twelve Angry (or Bored, or Tired) People sitting in judgment on anyone, but stupider things have happened.

In fact, I'll tell you right now: the defendant, whoever he or she might be, is already guilty as far as I'm concerned.

So that's all from here until further notice. Which I hope will be tomorrow.

7 comments:

gillardia said...

Sorry you have to go in. I hope you don't get selected.

Gill

Anonymous said...

Dragging your ass could be not only painful but messy too.

Drink some OJ [Ha! No pun intended] and smile a lot. They will truly think you are nuts. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Just rock back and forth in your chair and mumble something about "72 Virginians". And twitch repeatedly and scratch your crotch....that oughtta do it! :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh darn! I am so glad I am a good little person and follow the law. LOL
Roz

Anonymous said...

I get summoned all the time. Paul goes and usually gets picked. I got a medical excuse. :)

Anonymous said...

I like Long Beach better than Torrance. Long Beach is next door to Rock Bottom. I've never gone to Pedro. That would be the best. It's right across the street from The Brewery.

Anonymous said...

Oh man... I sure hope that if the day were to ever come that i would be tried for some crime (for which i'd be perfectly innocent of, of course) - that YOU would not be sitting in the Jury box. LOL!!!