Wednesday, February 07, 2007

When you don't expect anything...

...you can't be disappointed.

No better example of that than the recent "revolution" in Congress. Out, out damned scandals! We The People are back in control, and those evil, greedy Republicans have been swept aside. No we can expect all those Good Things we were promised.

And boyoboy, is there action going on back in D.C., or what?

What would you suppose is the current big concern of that caring, sweet granny, Voice of The People Nancy Pelosi? Is she working overtime pushing for relief for average Americans from the burdens of wasteful federal spending, illegal immigration and other lunatic government policies?

Uhhhh...no. Her latest obsession is reported here.

She is demanding use of an Air Force plane -- a large one, mind you -- to carry her, her staff, family, cronies and political supporters back and forth between Washington and San Francisco when the urge to travel strikes. Her predecessor, a corrupt, greedy Republican, used a small Air Force commuter plane for his back-and-forth trips.

I guess the Constitutional quirk that puts her two heartbeats from the presidency makes her think she is entitled to her own, only slightly downsized version of Air Force One.

I always love watching a true Populist in action, one who really gets involved in the important stuff.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Do as I say, not as I do." Democrat, Republican...what's the difference???

MrScribbler said...

No difference, l&s.

John0 Juanderlust said...

That is one power crazed representative. Unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

You prick, I thought I was the first one to write about this.

Unbelievable though, isn't it?

MrScribbler said...

matt -- I just read yours...I think we need to gather in Mr O'Fly and collaborate.

Anonymous said...

Might as well. We're all pretty much on the same page anyway.

I'm just not as ambitious with my writing as you two. One update in a week and a half...I'm slackin.