Monday, July 02, 2007

Art Bell does it again!

That's right...he has retired from his radio show, for at least the third time I can recall.

The first time was many years ago, and was sparked by some occurrence I now can't remember. The second time came just over a year ago, when his wife died. He returned some months later, broadcasting from Manila, home to his new -- and very young -- wife.

Now he's retiring again, having done his "final" show from his studio back home in Pahrump, Nevada, where he lives with wife and new baby. He said in his "final" broadcast that he wants to spend more time with them. I can dig that.

But the timing is curious, to say the least.

No sooner had Art decided to hang it up than this story appeared.

You're all aware of the Great Roswell (New Mexico) UFO Incident of 1947, I presume?

From the story: "...Military authorities issued a press release, which began: "The many rumours regarding the flying disc became a reality yesterday when the intelligence officer of the 509th Bomb Group of the Eighth Air Force, Roswell Army Air Field, was fortunate enough to gain possession of a disc."

The headlines screamed: "Flying Disc captured by Air Force".

Yet, just 24 hours later, the military changed their story and claimed the object they'd first thought was a "flying disc" was a weather balloon that had crashed on a nearby ranch.

The key witness was Major Jesse Marcel, the intelligence officer who had gone to the ranch to recover the wreckage.

He described the metal as being wafer thin but incredibly tough.

It was as light as balsa wood, but couldn't be cut or burned.

These and similar accounts of the incident have largely been dismissed by all except the most dedicated believers.

But last week came an astonishing new twist to the Roswell mystery.

Lieutenant Walter Haut was the public relations officer at the base in 1947 and was the man who issued the original and subsequent press releases after the crash on the orders of the base commander, Colonel William Blanchard.

Haut died last year but left a sworn affidavit to be opened only after his death.

Last week, the text was released and asserts that the weather balloon claim was a cover story and that the real object had been recovered by the military and stored in a hangar.

He described seeing not just the craft, but alien bodies."

Now you and I both know Art wouldn't walk away from a story like this!

It's a conspiracy to shut The Man up, I tell ya.

And it's no coincidence that Art lives within Mind-Numb-O-Ray range of Area 51....

"They" will do anything to stop the Truth About Space Aliens from coming out.

Say it ain't so, Art!

1 comment:

Ink said...

LMAO! aunt listens to him!

Aliens or not...the truth will prevail eventualy, it always does.