Wednesday, April 19, 2006

For the one I love...

I hope you will understand, my love, that my pain comes not from you, but from the situation that has made you feel a need to keep me at a distance.

Because you have been open and honest with me, I know a little (perhaps a great deal) about what what is in your mind and heart. What I know is that all the reasons I love you are valid. They have not changed.

Because I know you, my faith in you is undiminished. I believe, deep in my heart, that time will bring you back to me, believe beyond all doubt that you are worth waiting for.

Yes, I am in misery now. I hurt, and I mourn the loss of the joy you have brought me, but I do not place the blame for that on you. If you are being true to yourself, there is no reason for you to feel guilty.

You know what I want: On the day your heart is free, I want us to touch each other, look into each others' eyes, and make an open choice, unaffected by past pain, about what happens next.

I need you to know that, my love.

And I want everyone else to know that.

4 comments:

Dorrie said...

a beautiful entry... I hope she reads it! If it had been written for me, I'd cry....

MrScribbler said...

thank you, birdie...I too hopes she reads it, and understands....

Anonymous said...

I hope it is read too Mr.
It sure did make my heart melt.
Anne

Anonymous said...

rejection hurts. join the club my dear, seems you've made some members of it yourself.