Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Relaxing...

...and, if only briefly, allowing myself to be distracted from, well, damn near everything else.

I decided to buy myself a present today, and so trotted down to the nearest music emporium to pick up two Diana Krall CDs to add to my collection.

The Girl in the Other Room is sensational. From This Moment On is sheer magic.

Damn, that woman can sing.

Tomorrow is not going to be much fun from what I can tell. But I don't care as much as I might. If things bug me too much, I'll throw From This Moment On in the changer, crank the volume way up and enjoy some of my favorite songs being performed by a musical goddess.

If you have only two discs in your music collection, one of them should be hers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like a good thing. Enjoy your little gifts to self.
Roz

Anonymous said...

Never heard of her. I'll check her out also. Thanks!

Sammi said...

She is yummy...very good bubble bath music, if you ask me...a little bit of her and Norah, Turn Me On and Popsicle Toes, two of the best songs ever.

Sammi said...

I don't know why my comments still say Cheriann, I thought I logged her off. This is actually SWG.

Anonymous said...

New one on me, thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Heard of her, dont know if I've heard her though... will check it out... Hope your day goes good...
Woofy

Doug said...

I have that CD, and also ripped it to my hard drive and iPod. Like every other CD I buy, I may have listened to it once, ripped and forgotten it.

Funny that she never intended to be a singer, eh?

Even funnier is her choice of hubby :-)