Monday, April 16, 2007

It's that time again!

I dropped into Petco today to pick up a fresh supply of the (expensive) food my cat eats, and found that the chihuahua races are on again this year!



I asked the clerk if I could enter Hobbes. Even if he's an old cat, I have no doubt he can still outrun any damn chihuahua in town.

She said he'd scare the doggies, and that would probably disqualify him.

Still the first Prize -- a $250 Petco gift card plus a three-night package at a hotel in San Diego -- is pretty darn impressive.

According to the rules, the first 300 chihuahuas can register online. Wonder what I could do to make a red cat look more like a small, short-haired dog?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a beautiful cat. I bet he could beat those little dogs too. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, you want to enter your child in a beautiful child contest. He's very beautiful.

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

Sorry you can't enter Hobbes. Those races would be funny to watch if he was in it, too....

Gill

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...maybe with a little grooming Hobbes could pass for a chihuahua ;)