Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Playing to my weakness

Seems to me no red-blooded, music-lovin' male-type person could fail to fall under the spell of a gorgeous girl-type musician. It's just plain inevitable.

At least for me.

Oh, I try to talk myself out of it. Really. Such women can be more dangerous than a basket full of angry rattlesnakes. They bite, I die. The combination of talent, sex appeal, ego and a horde of lust-crazed motorscooters standing around with their tongues hangin' out puts sincere-but-none-too-bright dudes like me in a bad, bad place. I know this from experience.

But that doesn't stop me from having the long-distance, from-out-in-the-audience hots for Barbara Dennerlein. I wrote about her in my other journal last year, and posted a couple of YouTube links.

Ran across another video today, one made this month when she appeared on a German TV show: Take a look at this.

That's paradise sittin' on that Hammond bench, fellow babies. At least for me.

She just keeps getting better.

If Barbara and Diana Krall appeared on the same stage, I'd be reduced to a blob of quivering protoplasm.

Being the realist I am, I'll buy Barbara's CDs -- I already have some -- and shell out for a ticket to her performance in SoCal this August so's I can dig the sounds and visuals. Gotta look and listen, even if I can't touch....

But everyone needs a dream, ja?

No comments: