Thursday, June 07, 2007

Back to the show...

...this time, some favorites from Sunday's foreign cars. Once again, this is only a small sample of what the thousands of people who came to the event were able to see.

There are familiar brand names here.

Begin with Rolls-Royce, in this case a 1912 model 40/50, familiarly (but not entirely correctly) known as the Silver Ghost, seen as it was driven into the park early Sunday morning...



Here's a Bentley, a 1926 3-liter. For various reasons, not the least of which is that I've spent many hours behind the wheel of a very similar Bentley, this is the car I most wished I could have taken home with me...



Among the MGs at the show, this 1932 "Magna" was my favorite. It's tiny -- the top of the windshield in a little over waist-high -- and faster than you'd expect...



Jaguars have always been elegant and sporting. This 1938 SS100 is surely no exception...



Few Alfa-Romeos are as desirable as this 1939 model 6C which, despite the flamboyant body design, was built for racing and has an extensive competition history...



Next: More unfamiliar cars with familiar names.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular! More, please. :)

Doug said...

Just getting caught up here :-) I would like to see large vintage car shows a bit closer to me. I wouldn't mind a day trip, getting up early and getting home late, but adding in overnight accommodations makes it a wee bit too expensive.

Beautiful cars, all of them. I like the cat currency, too. I should make a Barq buck

John0 Juanderlust said...

Now those are some nice looking rides. Got to admit, Italians have style. Looks like the Brits did too.