Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Why I love liberals

Now that everyone is pouring a rain of dung down on Mel Gibson -- as he deserves -- the double-standard is, as always, in full operation.

Let a Mel Gibson, or a Mitt Romney, or anyone who is not way out there in the far left-liberal wacko-sphere, say something that is insensitive or demeaning in a racial or religious way, and the howling mob shows up with tar, feathers and torches.

But....

Let the lefty nut-jobs throw out a slur, such as this picture I have unrepentatly swiped from Arianna Huffington's slime-sheet and it goes sailing right on by, with no criticism at all.

The message is clear enough.

Oddly enough, so far I haven't heard a peep from Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, various religious/social/ethnic "leaders" or the rest of the lapdog media. And Joe Lieberman is too classy a guy to say anything.

Why? Because it is liberals making the deliberate racist visual statement, so they get a free pass.

Until the leftoids are held to the same standards they wish to impose on moderates and conservatives, they will always be the marginal lunatic fringe of our society, and that is how it should be.

NOTE: For "anonymous," who left a comment consisting of nothing more than links to articles on a foul white-supremacist website, and anyone else who feels similarly inclined, be aware that I can delete comments. And, if they are nothing more than hate-filled drool, whether in agreement with my views or not, they will vanish....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! But seriously, I don't keep up with the news because it depresses me. I stopped reading the paper just before Abby was born when they stormed Romania and found the aids babies and then I stopped cnn when Clintons was in his contretemps and my kids couldn't see the news blurbs.. What happened with Mel Gibson?

MrScribbler said...

Gibson was formally charged with DUI today. No mention (officially) of the anti-Jewish rage he flew into while being arrested. Lots of mentions elsewhere, though.

John0 Juanderlust said...

I'm perfectly happy not to hear a peep out of Jesse.

MrScribbler said...

Apparently, Jesse did "peep," HarpO. While appearing to support Lieberman's opponent, he supposedly called the doctored photo "low-level stuff."

Doesn't bother him at all when liberals use racist images to defeat a candidate from "Hymietown," I guess.

Anonymous said...

I'm not defending the photo. However, it's fair to say that when a conservative does something that has racist overtones, some of us suspect it reflects more than bad judgement. I have to say, most of the older conservatives I know are overtly racist. Many of the younger ones are not racist. And the ones who are tend more toward an ignorance is bliss attitude, rather than overt prejudice. This is not scientificly proven - your milage may vary :-)

MrScribbler said...

That could be, KIT...I don't think liberals are immune from racism, however, just better-protected by the media.