Friday, August 15, 2008

Another long-ish day...

...but not so awful. I didn't expect to hear from anyone today, and didn't. The main characters in my attempts to move things along are out of town and no doubt enjoying themselves. No word from the landlord.

Nonetheless, I did get some work done, and am simply relieved that nothing bad happened.

Strange weather today. It was hot this morning, which happened to be when I went out to do my five miles. It was close to being too much; I was pretty well knackered when I got home.

And the views weren't all so nice...



A shower helped.

Tonight, it cooled off, clouded over, and seemed as if it might rain. In fact, the radar images showed a few spatters of the wet stuff out on the ocean, but we didn't get any here.

Friends continue to rally 'round, which is still a strange and wonderful thing as far as I'm concerned. I'd prefer to be helping others if indeed help needs to be provided.

These are strange times. I wish I could see improvement coming faster, but it's pretty clear now that I'll just have to wait and see. Not real swell, but I'm still getting along, more or less. It's terribly frustrating not to be able to concentrate on the things I do really well, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you've survived to fight another day. I'd certainly take that...now go build on it tomorrow. Good luck, friend. You've got quite a cheering section pulling for you. :)

S

MrScribbler said...

You've got that right, S.!

In that respect, I feel tremendously lucky. To know so many good people is a rare thing indeed.

Gina Vance said...

Keep moving forward. That's all any of us can do.
You are in my thoughts and prayers~ db