Saturday, July 26, 2008

Since I'm usually selfish...

...and post nothing but photos of cars I like, I thought it only fair to take note of the fact that this was Lamborghini Day at the Saturday car show, an occurrence I suspect will delight at least one reader who shall be nameless (that would be Scott Nameless).

There were at least 30 of the things there (and I will say nothing about computer nerds using their Microsoft dividends to buy Lambos or lounge lizards in satin jackets who lease them)...



...Murcielagos, Gallardos, Diablos...



Sadly, the oldest Lambo at the show -- except for a lone Urracco that I didn't get a picture of -- was this late 80s/early 90s Countach. None of my old favorites showed up....



There were other cars, of course. This Bugatti Veyron was constantly surrounded by onlookers. Maybe they thought if they stared at it long enough, it would do something...



My favorite cars of the day were parked together. I've mentioned that I have big, big eyes for an Austin-Healey "100" (which you can see part of here), but I must also say the old (1950s-vintage) Ferrari 400 SA is perhaps the nicest touring car I've ever driven, as well as being drop-dead gorgeous...



Nice stuff. But a bloody hot day.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uuugh. Hot here too. I went for a late walk and came back dripping.

paulafrances said...

I hate to say, I have never seen a real life Lamborghini,
but those are beautiful cars!

I guess that tells you I don't know any Microsoft computer nerds, or lounge lizards!!!!!!

Although I wish I had Steve Jobs # just so I could call him and tell him to try using his iphone's directions from New Jersey to NYC!
:)

paulafrances said...

I hate to say, I have never seen a real life Lamborghini,
but those are beautiful cars!

I guess that tells you I don't know any Microsoft computer nerds, or lounge lizards!!!!!!

Although I wish I had Steve Jobs # just so I could call him and tell him to try using his iphone's directions from New Jersey to NYC!
:)

paulafrances said...

Oh well sorry I posted that comment twice. I am way too impatient for a Hampton Inn Internet connection!

Anonymous said...

Hey stranger, been awhile since i was by here! I show up just for the photos that make your mouth water!!! Nice shots! LL

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing collection of Italian beauties. Oh, and an AH, too. I'm not familiar with that model Ferrari, but I agree with you that it's stunningly gorgeous. I have no idea what one drives like because I've never driven any Ferrari, or Lamborghini, or Alfa Romeo, or Bugatti....except in my dreams of course. Thanks for sharing. :)

S
S

MrScribbler said...

S -- When I got there this morning, I just knew this was a day you'd enjoy! Actually, I think you'd have a Lambo for the "right reasons," even though I think you'd fall head over heels for the SA.

Doug said...

I could see me driving around in a 400 SA or the later 400 GT.

A local car dealer who was closed up by the RCMP and the OPP had two Gallardos...

Anonymous said...

Nice pics - very nice. I'm dreaming of - October to get here - and the heat to go away for another 6 months so we can go outside and enjoy the outdoors once again!

Anonymous said...

It is SUCH a process to leave a comment on your blog love! Speaking of love... LOVE the cars, they look like an add for a Back to the Future sequel! What a way to spend a day! Hope your health is well friend, you are never far from my thoughts and well wishes.

~Bree

Anonymous said...

Maybe those people think if they look at a car long enough. They can go home and build one for themselves.
Roz

Kimmywoo said...

Oh the Veyron - that is the most amazing car! Do you watch the British show, "Top Gear"? They looove the Veyron and it goes like a rocket.

Anonymous said...

wow, quite the collection of cars. I will take the deep red one in the last photo.