Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Immortal puppy!

Ever since I began reading Joan Perry's blogs -- here and here -- I've come to share her fascination with sidewalk art, those scratchings on wet cement that blend ego, commentary and sometimes simple weirdness.

After much scouring of local sidewalks, I have to admit her concrete fields bear far more fruit than those around here.

I did, however, find a spot where some mischievous puppy (with or without human help) added its contribution to the genre. This was done some years ago, I think, and I suspect said pooch has long since shuffled off this mortal coil...



But it now has a kind of immortality, and I'm hoping it didn't go through the rest of its life with dried cement stuck to its little paw-pads....

4 comments:

Charlestonjoan said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww!! I love it.

Anonymous said...

My Felix did that to us, he walked over wet cement and now we have his paw marks immortalised forever :=) makes me happy to see this every day.

Anonymous said...

How precious is this!!! I love this picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Musta been a Pedro Pup!