Monday, March 24, 2008

While I was out walking today...

...I encountered some friends...



Yes, that's the very same paramedic wagon I had the none-too-pleasant trip in. And a couple of the firefighters who were out walking/jogging along the street today (they come down here pretty regularly to do that and enjoy the fresh ocean air) were among those who bundled me off to the ER three weeks or so ago.

They were a bit surprised to see me, I think.

Obviously, I look different now.

I'm no less grateful to them now that I can breathe and move around on my own.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good folks, they are. Glad they were there for you.

S

Anonymous said...

Thank God for firemen and paramedics. :)

Anonymous said...

That must have been an odd experience for you both. Im glad they got to see you heading back towards your prime though! Nice pic... the weather there almost makes me grumpy. One can only take so much rain~! You are in my thoughts, friend.

~Bree

MrScribbler said...

Bree -- I have to admit I didn't want to get too close to the ambulance! I still feel a bit queasy about the whole thing.

But I love seeing the people who kept me here. They are very special and precious to me. And so are your good thoughts...they mean a lot.

becomingkate said...

Thank goodness for those guys.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that would be a bit strange. All I was thinking about when I saw the picture is what it would be like to drive the fire engine. I couldn't tell if it had a tiller.
john

Anonymous said...

Looks too short for a tiller. Still nice and shiny.
John

Wizardress said...

I'm glad they were there. I can't imagine having to go through what you've been through, and I hope YOU never have to go through it again.

*hugs*