Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Move along, nothing to see here...

...no photos today, certainly, and most likely not much else.

This is a work day, and the addition of a last-minute story to prepare and complete makes the pressure that much stronger.

Hell, I probably won't even have time to get outdoors today. Unless I take out the trash or check the mailbox, that is.

My only real gripe about the sudden uptick in work is, of course, that the returns will be slow to arrive. Sometimes I can repress that feeling and get it done. I'll be putting some effort into getting my mind right about that.

Oh, there is another gripe, which I've mentioned -- too often? -- before: After 22 years of working on the same verbal assembly line, I sometimes feel as if I'm bolting together the same tried old parts.

I need distraction, I think. It is a proven fact that I work far more efficiently and produce better results when distracted. This is something I remember, even though it has been a considerable time since I've experienced that.

Not all kinds of distractions produce the desired effect, you understand. I'm very particular about that.

Anyway. Time to pick up the wrench and start bolting those old parts together. Again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so....maybe you oughta think about cruising this way in May and joining me at the UTV rally in Moab. can introduce you to a few friends and who knows, maybe you will meet a young hen...

Grumbleknutz

Allison Charmaine said...

Verbal assembly line, can I steal that from you?

Doug said...

The verbal assembly line over here has been disassembled for a while now. At least yours is still functional...

MrScribbler said...

MJ -- Of course you can!

dal -- Functional? A matter of opinion. It's not working well enough to suit me. Needs lubrication and some new parts, maybe.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck getting your stuff done. I'm feeling highly unmotivated today, and now the day is about done.

Gill