Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Not much...

...happening here in Sandy Bay. Foggy, rainy and cold outside, limiting any outdoor activities. That's been the norm for the past three days, and predictions are that it will extend through the week.

Bad news maybe for Saturday, which is apparently Motif #1 Day here. The red fish shack (in fact, a replica of the original, which perished in a storm decades ago) on a pier gets its own day, with art contests, music and other Cultural Pursuits. And why not? Images of it are everywhere....

Not that we will be here. Weather permitting, D. and I are planning to go to a car show at Skip's Burgers* in Merrimac that day. For once, an afternoon spent looking at collector cars and hot rods will be a completely non-work-related activity. I can relax!

Sign seen near Newburyport last weekend

Still lots of Good Stuff going on indoors. If I wasn't stealing time away from writing the article I have due -- I'm ahead of schedule with it, but the sooner done, the sooner the check gets here -- I might go into some of it. Do I value money more than conversing with my friends here? I'll never tell....

* Skip's is a favorite of D., her mother and daughter, and has been in business longer than I've been alive. The fries are superb, but the burgers rate about 8.0 on the 1.0 (White Castle) - to - 10.0 (In-N-Out Burger) scale. Haven't yet had better ones around here, though. And they do have cool t-shirts, one of which I have bought....

No comments: