Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Housekeeping-y stuff

Lots o' excellent things happening to Yours Truly, but not much time to sit down and write about them. I'll catch up soon, though.

However: I have recently had a lot of spam-style comments show up here, and I'm getting sick of it. Therefore, I'm going the ol' comment moderation route as of now. If you're nice enough to comment, I get to read it first, and will automatically pass it on to be posted.

Well, almost automatically. Spammers and random commenters will be banished into the obscurity they so richly deserve. I don't so much mind seeing their tripe in my email inbox, as it just takes hitting the Fuggedaboutit Button to make them go the hell away. Blogger, alas, makes the deletion process annoyingly tedious.

When they (the insidious Blogger/Google/Whoever Else Combine) get their acts together and make it possible to keep the idiots at bay without jumping through a bunch of damn cyber-hoops, I'll go back to free-range comments, which I prefer.

4 comments:

Dorrie said...

odd, for all the time I have been at blogger, I have NEVER gotten any spam comments! They do have some kind of protection system against them... and my blog is open to everyone, with no moderation. odd.....

Dorrie said...

check here: http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?&answer=187141

Silentwhisper1 said...

Glad "excellent" things are happening with you!
Its been ages since I've gotten here-hope all is well with you:)
I'm trying to catch up with all my JS friend's-I missed them dearly in this wild spin of life.

Take care my friend.Visit you again.

Dee~

John0 Juanderlust said...

Hi. My name Rageshibob Nosensatal and due to inconvenience in my country in Afrika I am asking your help, as you were referred to me as a good Christian of utmost character and pregumption.
I am in the need to transfer 10 millions in US dollars to your country from the dormant account of my country's national bank. It was my father's, the late Sullen of High Negation. He was assassinated by Kung Fu pirates in an untimely and unseemly coo de tah.
For your remittance and pleasure I only ask that you reply with details needed for the transfer.
I will remit to you of the sum 3 millions of US dollars for your goodwill and aspertame in assisting me to resolve this matter.
You credentials and curmudgiosity were rated among the highest by a mutual friend who has since been chased into hiding.

Thank you in advance for your Christianity and malfeasance in saving my father's legacy which will enable me to seek asylum and sanitarium among the customs to which I have become atuned.

I bow my head to you and sing of your good will to my sheep and goats.

Ever at your service and insinuation,
Humbly,
Sincerely

Ro Nosensatal

ps: this is completely above the table boards. I am not of the spam