Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Legends rolled into town today...

...the Legends car club, that is!

They parked along one of our major streets to collect Christmas toys for kids who might otherwise have to do without, as they do every year...



And they brought Señor y Señora Santa Claus with them to take requests and hand out candy canes to all the good little niños and niñas...




Of course their main goal was to collect toys. As usual, I didn't have a new, unwrapped toy with me while I was out for a walk*, but they also took cash donations, so I was able to chip in. Not as much as I'd like, but the budget is severely strained this year.

Most of their firme coches were, naturally, Chevrolets -- "Chebbies" as we say Where The Ghetto Meets The Sea...



Including this most excellent Corvair, a car that will always live in my heart as the first car I ever spun out (yes, that's a '40 Ford behind it, but don't tell anyone, okay?)...



I'll take it, Santa! Don't even need the bow...




Ever since I've been living here, I've wanted to join the Legends. Gotta have the right ride, though. Oh, well, maybe someday. And I hope it's in time to join in on the toy drive, which is very cool, indeed....


* PARENTHETICAL NOT-SUITABLE-FOR-CHILDREN FOOTNOTE: In fact, I possess only one new, unwrapped in-its-original-box toy of any kind. It's a very unusual "Hello Kitty" toy and I am saving it for the moment when the right woman tells me (or wordlessly suggests) that's she's ready for both a laugh and a different kind of, shall we say, "buzz"....

9 comments:

Doug said...

I do like me some Chebbies, even the Corvairs.

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to tazer your woman Scrib? ;P

Anonymous said...

I love the one with the bow on!!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the Corvair the prototype for the tilt-a-whirl carnival ride? Those are amazing, and I can definitely see you behind the wheel of one. Gimme a ride? I know, I know...you have other plans for the passenger front seat. ;)

S

MrScribbler said...

Kim -- To keep her from trying to escape? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Let me see. I will take that one and that one and that one.
Roz

Anonymous said...

How very cool! I love the toy truck.

Kimmywoo's comment cracked me up!

John0 Juanderlust said...

Nothing baits the hook like a Hello Kitty and a fresh supply of die-hards

Anonymous said...

You and your cars.... Merry Christmas Scribbs....

Gill