Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mi casa es...

...the neighborhood cats' casa, too!

I opened my screen door yesterday to get a little fresh air in the pad. Honey came zooming in...



Followed by her daughter, Max...



PARENTHETICAL REAL-LIFE NOTE: The cap was already on the bed. It happened to be the one I was wearing yesterday. It was appropriate, so I left it....

Until yesterday, Max had been rather skittish around me. I was seldom able to pet her. But she's decided to be friendly. And, clearly, neither she nor Honey was particularly intimidated by going into a strange place...



Girl, the third member of the pack, tried the bed but decided my serape (which now lives on top of my improvised linen storage, an ex-bookcase) was more comfortable...



Of course after a while they heard their "mom" drive up, and left without so much as a thank-you for my hospitality*.

No matter. I love cats. And these three are exceptional neighbors....


* Yes, I was thinking about writing something to the effect that it has been a long time since I had one female, let alone two, inviting themselves in and getting comfortable on my bed. And I was going to say something about a third waiting by the clean sheets and towels...but I won't.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are happy that you are our new neighbor.

Girlie, Maxie, and Honey.

Ptolemy said...

I had just read about these cats the other day... Then remembered it was by a link from your journal... Glad you have such nice neighbors!

Dorrie said...

I loved those pictures, Scribby. As a Birdie you'd think I wouldn't. LOL

Doug said...

I tried to get a shot of four cats in the neighborhood yesterday, but they all got down an alley before I could get a shot lined up :-)

I haven't got to know the cats around here yet.

Anonymous said...

Nice little kitty visit! You are a very welcoming neighbor!

Anonymous said...

Even more cat entries. LOL. I must join in and post a photo and story of the psycho cat.

Anonymous said...

What nice visitors. I wouldn't mind sharing a neighbors cat - just not ready for one of my own.